THE FALL REGIONAL GATHERING HAS BEEN MOVED TO ZOOM ONLY.
Dennis Reese Christian Servanthood Fund
Please make checks to the Western MT Walk to Emmaus
with Dennis Reese Fund in the memo line.Sign up for the Emailed quarterly newsletter by contacting us at:
Include your name, email address, street address, city, state, zip
and phone #
If you are from out of state please tell us how you are related to our
Walk to Emmaus Community.
Dennis Reese is in the presence of God and Jesus and is feeling good!
It is with great sadness we inform you of the passing of Rev. Dennis Reese on Thursday May 7. Dennis had struggled for the last 3 months with some severe health related issues. He was being transported to Texas for further treatment at the time of his death and died of a heart attack.
“Good people pass away: the godly often die before their time. But no one seems to care or wonder why. No one seems to understand that God is protecting them from the evil to come. For those who follow godly paths will rest in peace when they die.” Isaiah 57:1-2 (NLT)
Condolences may be sent to the family in care of his brother, Dean Reese–
The family of Rev. Dennis Reese
c/o Dean Reese
4170 Old Petty Creek Road
Alberton, MT 59820-930
YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED
Q Why do anonymous servants remain in the background?
A The notion that those who support the conference room group should remain anonymous is based on several premises.
1) Jesus often admonished that we do things solely for the sake of Christ rather than draw attention to ourselves.
2) The Conference Room group needs to develop and demonstrate a Christian community to the Pilgrims.
3) The weekend is for the Pilgrims; everything that happens, happens for them.
4) The cloistered environment assures the pilgrims that they can open up in confidence. The group they are with remains the same for the entire experience.
5) Keeping support staff invisible ensures confidentiality.
6) Everyone needs to experience anonymous servanthood as part of his or her leadership development.
7) The awe of the revelation during Closing shows the Pilgrims the large number of people who have been working behind the scenes in support of them.
8) The support team serves as a hedge of protection around the cloistered conference room group. This hedge of protection keeps out other influences, interruptions and diversions allowing the Pilgrims to devote their entire being- heart, mind, and spirit- to their encounter with Jesus Christ and the workings of the Holy Spirit.
Source: Your Questions Answered : Hot Topics about Chrysalis and the Walk to Emmaus, Author Greg Engroff Copyright 2011